Friday, October 7, 2011

Banff Week (II) - Photo Phriday!

IMGPA8008


In these past two weeks of Banff photos we've seen plenty of mountains, forests and rivers. Like that famous Arrogant Worms song goes, we've got lots of rocks and trees and rocks and trees and rocks and water! And my photos are here to prove it (at least for Banff)! But do you know what I haven't shown you of Banff and area so far? Well, in case you haven't looked at the photo you had to scroll by to read this, I'll tell you: Strutting Ravens!

Yeah, who'd've thunk it?

Most birds you'll encounter are, justifiably, wary of humans. We have a bad tendency to hurt and kill things that aren't ourselves. And even then... *shakes head at humanity in general*

ANYWEATHER!

Not ravens though and certainly not this one. I did take a few more bird photos while in Banff but, for the most part, I was very careful to take whatever opportunity I had with the lens I had on at the time (usually my wide angle lens) to get a few really bad shots of the fauna. This was because if I made any sudden, questionable moves or sounds (ie reaching into my backpack, making weird noises switching lenses) most wildlife would flee like I was the hunter in Bambi. But, no not this bird. He just watched me, five to ten feet away as I would take two or three minutes to switch my lens, point the camera in his direction and shoot many many photos (of which only two aren't crap). The conclusion to draw from this? Ravens are either extremely dumb or just really enjoy looking down on us. Personally, given that strut, I'm guessing the latter.

No comments: