Sunday, August 12, 2012

August 5 Photos

Missed another Photo Phriday and do you know why that's so horrible? I had photos ready to go I just didn't get home in time to post. Gah! Well, here ARE the photos that were going to go up. My wife and I went for a walk on a beautiful day here in Regina and I decided to take a few quick photos of her.

IMGPB8300

That isn't my wife, btw. I did take a couple photos that weren't of her.

IMGPB8287

IMGPB8281

The above photo is a good example of not preparing for the photo properly. The day was extremely bright out, what with the sun being out an' all, and the result was some extremely high contrast. Now high contrast in and of itself isn't bad as you can get some awesome photos with high contrast. However, if you aren't preparing for it (like I wasn't) you can get some heavy, distracting shadows that you probably don't want. How do you get rid of high contrast you ask? Turn on the flash function on your camera (this will help light up areas the sun is missing), just an evenly lit area (during sunny days, try completely shaded spots) or by a reflector! There's your quick photography tips for the day!

IMGPB8279

IMGPB8293

IMGPB8307


So, yeah, that's it for today. We'll see you later this week!

No comments: