Saturday, June 9, 2012

Site News

Well folks, it has officially been over a year since I started this photo blog and, during that time, I have more-or-less kept up with my intent to post a different photo each day for the entirety of that year. I say more or less because I missed a few days early on which I had new photos for but, due to computer access restrictions, could not post. Plus, on top of this photo-a-day challenge I undertook for myself I was also able to (again with one or two week) exceptions, able to keep up with my Photo Phriday challenge where a guaranteed new photo was posted each week. Strictly speaking, I'm happy with how everything has turned out! You got to experience life through a camera lens and I got to consistently strive towards improving my craft.

With that lovely positive news out of the way, I'm afraid some negative news must follow. I have decided to stop posting a daily photo and migrate away from the photo-a-day blog and over to just a photo blog. I know this is disappointing but understand it's not a decision that I'm taking lightly. It's been a decision I've contemplated for a while now and ultimately what decided it for me was the time consumption.

It wasn't that posting a photo a day was a huge time suck on me because it really wasn't. In fact, that was initially part of the reason why I wanted to try the daily-format. No, the problem was that it was a consistent time suck. I posted a photo every day but it took a consistency in daily routine and to even make the entry more then just said photographic image became more hassle and time-drain then I had accounted for. It didn't take the fun out of photography but it took the fun out of blogging photography. And if isn't fun for the blogger, then why is he blogging it?

So I've decided to move away from daily photo posting but it's not all bad news. Instead of daily photo posts (a fair chunk of which was older photos as the copyright date on some of my posted images will tell), I'm instead going to post photos in "clumps", based on the event or photo shoot they came from. This means not only with you still likely be getting roughly the same number of photos per week (potentially more in fact), it also means a change in how I'm handling these blog posts. Rather then consistent, daily management, I'll be working in a dedicated manner for more then five minutes at a time so, in other words I (hopefully) will be able to write about the photos I take a little, giving you greater insight or, at least, a little more entertainment.

Beyond this, I still intend to maintain my weekly challenge of Photo Phriday. So, if you're a consistent visitor and hate that I'm moving away from a consistent schedule you should still be safe dropping by every Friday to see new pics! Other then that, thank you for your continued visiting! Being able to share my passion for photography with you is half the fun of shooting photos. Your thoughts, feelings and comments are always appreciated and, believe it or not, they do help me as well so don't feel shy in sharing your opinion. Anyweather, thank you again and we'll see you again in a short while!

No comments: